This page will be updated regularly to provide you with links to the latest information and resources regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Government of Canada
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update
Symptoms and Treatment
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
Applications for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) are now open. You can APPLY HERE
The CERB will provide $2,000 per month to workers impacted by COVID-19 for up to 4 months.
The CERB benefit will be paid every 4 weeks and will be available from March 15, 2020 until October 3, 2020
People who are eligible include:
- Workers who must stop working due to COVID-19 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
- workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19.
- working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures.
- workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work.
- Wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance.
When to apply for CERB:
If born in the month of January, February, or March – Mondays
If born in the month of April, May, or June – Tuesdays
If born in the month of July, August, September – Wednesdays
If born in the month of October, November, December – Thursdays
Any month – Friday, Saturdays, Sundays
Support for Seniors
Reduced minimum withdrawals for Registered Retirement Income Funds
- We are reducing the required minimum withdrawals from Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) by 25% for 2020.
- Learn more about this benefit here
Funding for United Way Canada
- The Government of Canada will contribute $9 million through United Way Canada for local organizations to support practical services to Canadian seniors.
- These services could include the delivery of groceries, medications, or other needed items, or personal outreach to assess individuals’ needs and connect them to community supports.
Support for Families
Increasing the Canada Child Benefit
We are providing an extra $300 per child through the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) for 2019-20. This will mean approximately $550 more for the average family.
This benefit will be delivered as part of the scheduled CCB payment in May.
Those who already receive the Canada Child Benefit do not need to re-apply
Special Goods and Services Tax credit payment
We are providing a one-time special payment by early May through the Goods and Services Tax credit for low- and modest-income families.
The average additional benefit will be close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples.
There is no need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, you will get it automatically.
Extra time to file income tax returns
We are deferring the filing due date for the 2019 tax returns of individuals.
For individuals, the return filing due date will be deferred until June 1, 2020.
Learn more about this extension here
Canadian banks have committed to work with their customers on a case-by-case basis to find solutions to help them manage hardships caused by COVID-19.
Canadians who are impacted by COVID-19 and experiencing financial hardship as a result should contact their financial institution regarding flexibility for a mortgage deferral.
Learn more about mortgage support here
A moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans
Effective March 30, we are placing a 6 month interest-free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all student loan borrowers. No payment will be required and interest will not accrue during this time.
Students do not need to apply for the repayment pause.
Kid’s Help Phone Funding
As a result of school closures and reduced access to community resources, Kids Help Phone is experiencing increased demand for its 24/7 confidential online, telephone, and text counselling services across Canada.
The Government of Canada will give $7.5 million in funding to Kids Help Phone to provide young people with the mental health support they need during this difficult time
Travel and Quarantine
Safety and Security
How COVID-19 is Affecting Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Services
Taking Care of Your Mental Health (factsheet)
Pregnancy, childbirth and caring for newborns: advice for mothers (COVID-19) (factsheet)
How to quarantine (self-isolate) at home when you may have been exposed and have no symptoms
How to care for a child with COVID-19 at home
Reduce the Spread – Wash your hands (video)
Physical Distancing Works (video)
Preventing the Spread in the Workplace (English)
Preventing the Spread in the Workplace (العربیة Arabic)
Preventing the Spread in the Workplace (فارسی Farsi)
Preventing the Spread in the Workplace (اُردُو Urdu)
People Who are High-Risk for COVID-19 (Infographic)
Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Spaces (English)
Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Spaces (العربیة Arabic)
Physical Distancing (Infographic – English)
Physical Distancing (Infographic – العربیة Arabic)
A Pan-Canadian Response to COVID-19 (English)
A Pan-Canadian Response to COVID-19 (العربیة Arabic)
Government of Ontario
Current Status of COVID-19 Cases in Ontario
Declaration of Province-wide State of Emergency
City of Toronto
City of Toronto COVID-19 Updates