AWO and COVID-19
We are open for business and ready to serve you online.
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, effective March 19, 2020 AWO’s in-person services will be suspended. We will, however, continue to provide services by email, over the phone, and/or online.
The following services are temporarily suspended:
- In-person appointments
- LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) classes
- On-site information sessions and workshops
- Income Tax Clinic
If you have any questions or concerns, we are available to serve you from (10:00AM to 4:00PM) either by email or by phone.
If you are in the Toronto/Scarborough areas, please call Head Office: 416 588-3585 – a settlement worker will get back to you within 24 hours.
If you are in the Mississauga/Brampton areas, please call: 905 279-3679, leave a message in your settlement worker’s voicemail (for those workers’ without voicemail, please leave your message in our main voicemail) and a settlement worker will get back to you all as soon as possible.
Staff email address:
- Fauzia Khan (Extension 31): email@example.com
- Fahima Formuli (Main Voice Mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maha Amin (Extension 23): email@example.com
- Samar Abo Hamad: (Main Voice Mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palwasha Baqi (Extension 58): email@example.com
- Nazilla Najwa (Extension 25): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salwa Bazrah (Extension 34): email@example.com
- Zalaw Safi (Extension 36): firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For the most up to date and reliable information about COVID-19 in Canada, please go to the Government of Canada’s Coronavirus Disease Webpage.
For local information about COVID-19, please visit the City of Toronto’s COVID-19 webpage.
Stay safe, stay at home, and practice physical distancing.