Refugees and immigrants, especially those who have experienced wars and persecution, leading self-sufficient and dignified lives in a socially inclusive society.
AWO works with refugees and immigrants, particularly those who have experienced wars and persecution, with a special focus on women and their families. Its mission is to improve their quality of life and to promote their social and economic inclusion in order to enable them to become contributing members of society and to live in dignity.
Access and equity; dignity and respect; social inclusion; and collaboration.
AWO Is Virtual
During COVID-19 Pandemic
We are open for business and ready to serve you online in 2021.
Community members can Join our programs and services by cell phone, tablet and or computer.
All our Programs and Services are Free of Charge
We provide the following Programs & Services Virtually/Online:
- Settlement Counselling Services
- On-line LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) classes
- Women & Family Support Services
- Food Support Services
- Crises Counselling
- Mental Health Group & Individual Support Services
- Information & Assistance to apply to all available benefits due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Legal Information, referrals to Legal Aid & other Legal Support Services
For more Information / questions, Please contact us:
- Head Office: (416) 588-3585
- North York: (416) 422-2225
- Scarborough: (416) 266-1777
- Mississauga: (905) 279-3679
Information about COVID-19 in Canada:
Government of Canada’s Coronavirus Disease Webpage.
City of Toronto’s COVID-19 webpage.
Stay home, Observe Physical Distancing, & Stay Safe!